Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Our Wedding Vows

These are the vows that Lee and i said yesterday at our wedding

Lee's vows:
You have entrusted me with the care of your heart, a gift that nothing else could possible equate to.
I am humbled that you have chosen to submit yourself to an ever changing, and ever challenging life with me.
In the good times and bad that send you to your knees, I promise I will be there to lift you back up.
In moments of uncertainty, I will be there to lead you through and give you the strength to carry on.
I will help you grow and will evolve with you at the same time. I will shelter you with my love, and give you a home within my arms.
With all of my heart, body, mind and soul, I vow to keep, love and protect you
elle's vows:
Today i give you my heart and soul.
i promise to love, honour and obey you.
You are my guide when life prevents me from seeing my path.
The rings which we exchange today are an outward expression of the commitment which i carry with me through all of my thoughts and actions each and every day.
i am excited and proud to be your wife today and forever and ever, plus two days.

As the 13th century poet and theologian Rumi once said:
"A lover asked his beloved: Do you love yourself more than you love me?
Beloved replied: I have died to myself and I live for you.
I've disappeared from myself and my attributes, I am present only for you.
I've forgotten all my learnings, but from knowing you I've become a scholar.
I've lost all my strength, but from your power I am able.
I love myself...I love you. I love you...I love myself."
i'll post a picture or two in the next couple of days, once my wife has finished editing them and tell you all how it went down.

3 comments:

  1. Those vows are absolutely beautiful, and I love the quote from the poet at the bottom. Congratulations! ^_^

    ~Bre

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you to both of you. It was a wonderful ceremony and I know we are both very happy to have made this committment to each other.

    ReplyDelete